2018-2019 Drug Use Prevention Activities/Events
- September - April: 4th Grade Drug Prevention Education (including a pre- and post-test).
- September - May: Some Staff Attend "Mercer County Prevention Coalition" Meetings
- September: 4th grade grocery bag decorating contest with all 4th graders in Mercer County for Red Ribbon Week
- October: 3rd grade Drug Use Prevention Guidance Lesson
- October: Drug Epidemic Info. to All CES Staff Members
- October: Guest Speaker regarding Drug Prevention Education
- October 22-26, 2017: Red Ribbon Week at CES
- 22nd: RRW Assembly
- 24th: Health Fair for 3rd grade - 6th grade
- 22nd-26th: Dress Up Days, Drug Info. on Morning Announcements, Students Sign a School-Wide Pledge to be Drug-Free, Drug Prevention Activities Given to Students (i.e. word searches, cross word puzzles, coloring pages, etc.)
- May: School Counselor, Principal, & Specials Teachers Review Data Collected from Pre- and Post-Tests
- March-May: Plan Drug Use Prevention Education for 2019-2020 School Year
Ohio Joint Study Committee
As part of the Ohio Joint Study Committee's effort on Drug Use Prevention Education, all of the 3rd and 4th grade students will be receiving lessons every 3 weeks on drug use prevention in their classrooms.